Higher education in Medea began during the 1988/1989 academic year, with the creation of a national institute of higher education (INES) in electrical engineering. The expansion of this institute, by the opening of numerous courses of study, notably in economics and the humanities, led to its promotion to the rank of university center, by virtue of the presidential decree of 25/07/2000.
Shortly after, in accordance with the executive decree issued on 9/11/2008, it was promoted to the ranks of universities.
Actually the university includes 6 faculties
- Faculty of Technology Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Law & Political Science
- Faculty of Literature and Languages
- Faculty of Economics, Business Sciences and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences